Friday, January 12, 2018

Card #20: Miggy Miggy Miggy can't ya see...

I have to admit I both love and hate the idea of posting 3,000 unique Roberto Clemente cards.  If I post one card each day it will take me nearly 8 years to show them off.  On top of it I will need to acquire Clemente cards at a rapid rate (similar to what I did with Cutch).

I still have over 200 cards to scan and post, but if anyone has any Clemente cards for trade please keep me in mind.

Today's card is a Topps Heritage Then & Now that compares the stat leaders of the original set's Year's leader and whoever lead the year the card was produced.

This particular card looks at the 2013 Batting Title Leaders compared to the 1965.  The 2014 Heritage set is based on the 1965 set.

Roberto Clemente lead the majors in hitting in 1965 with a .329 average.
Miguel Cabrera lead the majors in hitting in 2013 with a .348 average.

The back of the card is worth looking at as the 10th best hitter in baseball that year was Andrew McCutchen who batted .317.  That would have tied him with Willie Mays in 1965, good for 4th best.

3 comments:

  1. Two great All-Time hitters on that card...very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are in it for the long haul! I'll be interesting to see how many times Topps will be reusing certain photos. As a Cubs fan I know we see the same Banks, Santo, Billy Williams, etc over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some Biggie... and Miggy... and Clemente... and the entire 2014 Topps Heritage set. Just picked up a master set last year.

    ReplyDelete