Monday, January 29, 2018

Card #38: Help Me Piece This Together

Earlier in the month I mentioned that I am trying to put the 1986 Donruss Roberto Clemente puzzle together.  In order to do this I will need two copies of each "puzzle card"

When completed the puzzle will look like this beautiful painting by Dick Perez as seen below.
This card represents all the puzzle pieces inserted in the old wax packs.  The back talks about both Clemente and Perez.



Currently I only have this card which contains 3 puzzle pieces.


I do have the completed mini puzzle which as you can see by comparing to the puzzle card above features different pieces.



I am looking to get two of each "puzzle card" so if you come across any PLEASE send them my way.  I want one copy to put the puzzle together and glue it in a frame.  I want the other copy to put in the Clemente binder.

Any and all help would be appreciated especially since these sometimes end up in dime boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure why they printed 1986 Leaf on the back of that card... since the Clemente puzzle were inserted into 1987 packs. I should know... I busted a ton of this stuff back in the day. I'm a huge fan of these puzzles. It'll involve some digging, but I'll try to see if I have any extra pieces laying around. Sadly... my memory sucks. If you read this comment... and have a few moments... shoot me an email and I'll try to look for them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete