Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Card #24: A Better Picture

With yesterday's bad news about my car followed 30 minutes later by my favorite player being traded, I needed something more uplifting to brighten my day.

Hello Roberto Clemente.

Stadium Club always has provided great full bleed photos since the initial release.  Over the past few years Topps has only used Stadium Club for star players and legends.  It's unlikely that collectors will ever get the middle inning relief pitchers like the first few sets provided.

This image of Clemente signing for the fans shows the interaction that Clemente would have with the fans.  This version is just the base.  I need all the other versions.

The back of the 2016 Stadium Club  provides us with more information about the greatest Latin American to play our Nation's Pastime.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully it's good news from here on out.

    P.S. Stadium Club rules. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete