Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Card #39: Golden Great

Considering that this card is number 39 it seemed appropriate to show it off today.  I have a few more of these Golden Moments

This insert was from 2012.  Topps produced these to be inserted in Series 1.  The 75 card checklist featured 5 cards of 15 of the greatest ballplayers to put on a pair of cleats.  Besides Clemente, others included Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Nolan Ryan, Derek Jeter, Ty Cobb, Willie Mays, Cal Ripken Jr, Hank Aaron, Tom Seaver, Sandy Koufax, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Albert Pujols, Jackie Robinson.

This particular card discusses two games where Clemente amassed 10 hits.

1 comment:

  1. I love me some Clemente... but I can't lie. These are one of those insert sets I can't stand. I think I see these inserts laying around more than 2012 Topps base cards.

    ReplyDelete