Monday, April 27, 2020

Cards 93-96: Secret Santa Swag Revisit

It was about 4 months ago that I posted my Secret Santa gift that Rod from Padrographs sent me.

You can revisit the entire post here from my main blog, Collecting Cutch.

I will show off all the cards he sent me again below so that it may count towards my goal of Chasing 3000.

 Up first is the 1994 All-Star Game Donruss Diamond King with art by Dick Perez.
This card looks great and is part of a 5 card subset available for the 1994 All-Star Game, held in Pittsburgh.



Here is a modern take on a vintage brand.
2019 Allen & Ginter
Clemente has become a staple in the modern version of this old card branding.


I think this is my only official Topps Chrome card of Clemente.  It is from 2019 and discusses Clemente impact on the 150th Year Anniversary of the great game of baseball.




2 years earlier and this black parallel card from 2019 Faces of the Franchise would have pictured Andrew McCutchen instead of Starling Marte.
Wagner is the greatest Shortstop of All-Time.
Clemente is one of the game's greatest rightfielders of all-time and a 1st ballot Hall of Famer.
Marte became the "Face of the Franchise" for two years after Andrew McCutchen left.  While he was a solid player in Pittsburgh, he won't have the lasting impact that McCutchen had on the franchise.
The black parallel is numbered to 299 copies.



I know I said this before, but thank you,again Rod for the great Christmas gift.  I hope you,are staying safe.

1 comment:

  1. Never seen that 1994 DK Clemente before. I want one.

    ReplyDelete