Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Card #53: Beautiful Photography

I promise to get better with my updates on this blog.  I have scanned in about 40 Clemente cards so that I can do more regular updates here.

I never got a chance to see Clemente play in person having been born a decade after his death. 

From all the video footage, articles, and photos I have seen I can only imagine how great it must have been to see him play in his prime.

I often knock on Topps for using the same photos over and over, but Stadium Club is a release that they get right year after year.

Take this 2008 Stadium Club base card for example.

Such an awesome image and unique angle of Clemente holding the bat like he is a sniper.

The back features the same image along with career stats.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites, but I'm still not sure how I feel about them artificially coloring a b&w photo (from the looks of it). They seem to have stopped that practice with current Stadium Club sets, and just stick in a few old b&w photos, which people don't seem to mind, other than sometimes it's confusing ("Wait, is this a black and white parallel?")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got to see Clemente play either. I was only a few months old when he passed away.

    ReplyDelete