Saturday, December 30, 2017

Card #5: A Touch of Class

For those of you that have the MLB app or MLB Network I hope you got to see the documentary on Roberto Clemente yesterday.  It truly is inspiring how he lived his life and what he gave for this world.

He is a class act in every sense of the word.

One of my favorite things to collect over the past two years has been the multiple parallels of Topps Tek and Gold Label.  I wasn't collecting when the originals came out in the 90s early 2000s so being able to get my favorite player, Andrew McCutchen,  was featured in the recent sets I sought them out aggressively.

This year Topps offered some legendary players including Roberto Clemente in its Gold Label release.

Here is the Class 2 Black parallel.

I'm in search of the other color parallels and the other classes so if anyone busted any Gold Label wax I would love to get so,e Clementes from you.

The back of the card shows the imprint that Clemente had on the city of Pittsburgh statistically.

Tomorrow will represent the passing of Clemente 45 years ago.  Let's use the last few days of 2017 to do something memorable for someone.

2 comments:

  1. Don't have the app or access to the MLB Network... but I'm sure it was an amazing piece. Hopefully I can find it somewhere online to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome. It will probably be on mlb.com soon.

      Delete