Saturday, June 6, 2020

Card #111: A New King

I got home today to find that my order from COMC that was placed and shipment requested over a month ago had arrived.  Among the nearly 200 card order were quite a few Roberto Clemente cards to go with a few dozen new cards for the Cutch PC.  There were some cards that will be going out to you guys as well including some 1/1s.

Lots of cool things to show off over the next month, that's for sure.

Here is just one of the new Clemente cards.  It's nothing special at all, just a basic insert from an unlicensed product.
I love Diamond Kings.  It is my favorite unlicensed product that Panini puts out each year.  A few years ago Clemente was featured on the box art and ever since that year (2016 I think) I have always looked to add more Clemente cards from this brand.
The card features a nostalgia Donruss design similar to something we would have seen produced around 1981.  I like the basic design and the short blurb on the back about Clemente's tools that often don't get enough credit, his cannon arm and ability to run from 1st to 3rd. 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, the original Donruss Hall of Fame Heroes set was actually in 1983. I've got 29 of the 44 cards (including the Clemente!) so it's a set I sort of intend to complete but I haven't really done anything about it. There's a similar set from Leaf from 1987, but until now I never knew there was a new version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on receiving your shipment. I requested mine back in March and they still haven't shipped it. It's good to hear that they're starting to ship stuff out there.

    Brett - Which 1983 Donruss HOF Heroes do you need for your set? I opened up a box and have some extras laying around somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see...1, 2, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, 30, 32, 34, 38, and 39. Hey, if nothing else, you made me put a wantlist together, so thanks for that!

      Delete
    2. Found 1, 2, 12, 14, 15, 18, 19, 26, 32, 34, 38, and 39. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll ship them out at some point. Hopefully within the month of June :D

      Delete